Read on to learn why now is the best time for you and your pals to register as a 2012 Pasadena Marathon Team!
What constitutes a team? Teams come in all shapes and sizes. Supporters of a nonprofit organization, company employees, members of your church, friends, family, classmates, poker buddies—you get the picture—anyone can form a team and any group can be a team!
Why should we form a team? In addition to the camaraderie you’ll build by working toward a common goal, teams are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- With 10 or more people registered under your team name, we’ll place your team logo and link on the Pasadena Marathon website through May 2012.
- With 10 or more people registered under your team representing a nonprofit organization, the Pasadena Marathon will donate 15% of your team’s total registration fees to your nonprofit organization. Please note that a copy of the organization’s IRS Letter of Determination will be required as proof of nonprofit status. Contributions will be calculated after Race Day, and checks will be issued to nonprofit organizations 60-90 days following the event.
- With 25 or more people registered under your team name, a tent will be provided at the Finish Line Festival on Race Day for your team.
We must know if your team of 25+ registered members will be taking advantage of this offer by April 15. Once your team numbers 25+, please download the Vendor Form, complete the Contact Information and Section B, and get it back to us by April 15. Write your team name on the top of the form. Additionally, make a note as to whether you will be bringing your own team pop-up (measuring no larger than 10' x 10') or you would like for us to provide the standard rental pop-up. You do not need to include payment unless you are ordering supplementals, such as power, or extra tables and chairs.
- The top three “Most Populated” teams (teams with the greatest number of registered participants) will be featured in the 2012 Pasadena Marathon Official Program. Please note that in order for us to meet publication deadlines, the cutoff date for teams vying for this title is April 2, 2011.
How do we get our team registered? Once you and a few others decide to go for it, the Team Captain (who is either your group’s natural born leader or most gullible member), will establish your team when initiating his or her own online registration. Here’s how:
- Click on “Register Now.”
- Click on “Team Captains—Create Your Team,” then follow the prompts.
- Make note of the name you assign to your team, as well as the password if you choose to assign a password to your team. If you are representing a nonprofit organization, make sure your team’s name contains the name of the organization.
- Once you have established your team, you will be prompted to initiate your own individual event registration. Follow the prompts to complete your registration, making sure to select the team you have just created from the dropdown menu.
- Pass on registration instructions to your teammates. They’ll just need to go to pasadenamarathon.org, click on “Register Now” on the homepage, then click on “Register Now” once they’ve entered the Active portal. They’ll simply follow the prompts, making sure to select your team name from the dropdown menu, and supplying the password if necessary.
- Even though you’re a team, you’re probably comprised of individuals with varying interests and abilities. You do not all have to participate in the same event—teams may participate in one single event or any combination of events.
Register today, then get out there and have fun with your team!